Saturday, May 29, 2010

Man, Europe Knows how to Chill!

I met with the most beautiful bad luck today in Malmö. First off, in Copenhagen, I find that there is rail work that was decided three days ago in Stockholm (mind you, this is BEFORE I bought my ticket to that city). Next, after I have changed my ticket and decided to go to Malmö first, it seems that the station THERE has massive renovations underway on the track where I was supposed to transfer to Stockholm. So now, I am on the train from Malmo to a very small town called Höör, where I have to take a bus to Hässleholm. From Hässleholm is where I have a train to Stockholm. So, because of all this hassle, I figured I’d upgrade to first class, so as to work out the kinks in my neck and my soul. Yeah, I understand, I’m probably kind of a wuss, but at least I’m getting a serious workout and losing some weight with about 60 pounds on my back.

In any case, none of that describes how BEAUTIFUL Malmö is. Walking outside the central station to the bus station that closed at 12:30 pm (it was 4:00 pm) I saw a quiet town with nothing going on, but so much sun and cleanliness as the water reflected onto the glass that every building on the banks seemed to have. It gave me that peaceful easy feeling even with that humongous burden on my back.

On the way from Höör to Hässleholm, I experienced the utmost relaxation of Europe. On the way, I saw about 3 different old American muscle car parties, where people were just laid out on the grass grilling meats and showing off their cars. This stretched on across a good 10 kilometers, by the beach and just in the center of town. I’m thinking, what an amazing sense of balance. Here we have a European culture which (almost all of the time, at least) is entirely efficient with transportation and service, but the people know the best way to relax. I mean, they put internet on trains (exciting news, as this post will appear while I’m on it!) and are just, literally, as my parents would say, “lying all over the countryside”.

I guess what I’ve noticed today is that despite all of the travel trouble, which I’m sure is rare, I think I gained a greater perspective to love the free time of my life more: to dedicate myself to great work, and to love my free time.

I’m going to play around on the Internet and veg out on a transportation vehicle. Hence, my post ends here brief.

Hej daa!

No comments:

Post a Comment